Learning English will be fun for the students with this Hornbill textbook published by NCERT. This paperback edition comprises various short stories written by the eminent authors to keep the young minds interested. Here, students will not only enjoy the stories but will also be able to improve their reading skills and widen their vocabulary knowledge. It covers all the stories that are prescribed for the students, who will appear for their Class 11 examinations. Chapters Included in the Textbook:
• Lesson 1: The Portrait of a Lady
• Lesson 2: We’re Not Afraid to Die… if We Can All Be Together
• Lesson 3: Discovering Tut: The Saga Continues
• Lesson 4: Landscape of the Soul
• Lesson 5: The Ailing Planet: The Green Movement’s Role
• Lesson 6: The Browning Version
• Lesson 7: The Adventure
• Lesson 8: Silk Road
• Chapter 1: Note – making
• Chapter 2: Summarising
• Chapter 3: Sub – titling
• Chapter 4: Essay – writing
• Chapter 5: Letter – writing
• Chapter 6: Creative Writing
Salient Features of the Textbook
• The book has been divided into two sections – Reading skills and writing skills to help the students to have a better understanding of the language.
• The book is written in lucid language so that students are able to understand the same easily.
• Comprises chapters like creative writing, letter writing and essay writing to help the students to develop their writing skills.